Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mount Maunganui to Te Puke NZ

Today it was raining from about 4am until 11 am. I went out in the fog and rain for coffee and found some half decent wifi so I caught up on that while I waited for the rain to stop. It didn’t stop so I went to the hot pools again and soaked for an hour. The rain started to let up then so I packed my tent up and took off hoping to get a few miles in. I went about 4 miles and the rain started up again. Not a hard rain just a constant drizzling grey mist that soaked me to the bone. I gave up after only about 30 miles and stopped at a campground to try to dry out. I just can’t seem to get away from the rain. No pics in the rain. Not a lot to take pics of in the overcast foggy weather but I did take a couple when the sun peeked its head out for a few minutes. Maybe tomorrow will be a nicer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment