Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Ulladulla to Narooma Australia

I enjoyed my respite in Ulladulla while I waited for the rain to let up. The hostel owners were very nice people and ran a good clean place. I had it to myself for two out of the four nights I was there.

I finally left on a bright sunny early morning from the hostel. No rain in the forecast for 4 or 5 days but cold temps just below freezing are forecast.

The ride was rolling hills all day long. I rode about 65 miles to get to Narooma so about half of that was spinning uphill after hill after hill. There was no flat road all day. The hills are all between 4 and 6 percent grades so it was a workout. Reminded me of West Texas a little bit only it wasn’t 110 degrees it was 32 degrees.

I took a scenic drive turnoff not knowing what to expect. So far in Australia every scenic drive I have taken has been more or less a scam to get cars to drive through and hopefully stop at some of the smaller towns to give them some business with nothing scenic about the detour. But I am glad I took this one. It led me to a short bike trail that ran right along a beautiful coastline for 7 kilometers. I enjoyed the trail and the scenic views.

The trail led me right to a campground in Narooma where I pitched my tent for the night. Sure enjoyed the shower there.

No comments:

Post a Comment